Renewable energy mooring challenges:
Reduction of unit cost of energy produced is key to establishing viable solutions. Material and design boundaries must be pushed, however, mooring failure is unacceptable. The mooring solution must be optimized to provide long term cost of ownership reduction.
Considerations for any mooring solution
• Guaranteed connection and disconnection to the anchor and top side structure
• Efficient and safe installation and removal process
• Minimal mooring components
• Use of data to optimize system, maximize life, minimize cost, while managing risk
Applied Fiber integrated IIoT offers a step change in risk management and optimization:
• Maximizing product life while minimizing scheduled maintenance
• Improving safety with performance assurance
• Intervention only required based on data
• Reducing cost and waste
The predicted growth in demand presents a serious challenge in how to manage the entire product lifecycle cost including the need to manage the product at the end of useful life to minimize the impact on the environment.