With tens of thousands of products working in diverse ocean applications around the globe, and several advanced systems in development for the largest offshore ropes available, Applied Fiber provides our marine clients with unmatched experience, expertise, and innovation. From static mooring ropes to highly dynamic wave and tidal compensating mooring systems, the Applied Fiber team and technology combines unique system design versatility with trusted and reliable underwater performance.
Applied Fiber engineers work with our clients to develop and produce specialized termination and system designs for all kinds of mooring systems and offshore lowering and lifting systems.
Applied Fiber offers a variety of termination options and provides proof load and complete testing on it’s components and finished assemblies.
Offerings for offshore applications include but are not limited to:
- Crane Pendants
- Riser Pull-In Lines
- Messenger Cables and Hand Off Tethers
- Engineered Lift Pendants
- Wind Turbine Platform Mooring and Installation Cables
- Wave Energy Tethers and Buoy Support Cables
- Commercial Marina and Pontoon Mooring Systems
- Seismic Exploration Systems – OBS Streamers
- Commercial Fishing Rope and Tethers
- Aquaculture Rope Cable Applications
- Trawling and Trawl Door Cables
- Pipe/Cable Laying
Rope strengths vary from from 1 MT (2200 lbs.) to over 2267 MT (5,000,000 lbs.) and utilize performance fibers including elastic polyesters, lightweight HMPE’s, low creep Aramids and LCP’s.
Contact Applied Fiber today to discuss your needs and application.