Synthetic Hoist Lines
Applied Fiber hoist lines integrate the benefits of advanced high strength synthetic rope with a proven termination that is engineered for the application. The Applied Fiber termination allows for seamless integration of typical rigging that is used with steel wire and eliminates a long splice.
The Benefits Are Numerous:
- Weight reduction: up to 7 X that over steel
- Eliminate Splice Length: Allows more clearance
- Integrate Existing Rigging: Termination provide durable connection to existing rigging
- Advanced Inspection and Cable Monitoring: Applied Fiber end terminations incorporate rope inspection and cable monitoring options that improve safety from day one of installation.
- More Payload Capacity: Reduced rigging weight allows the equipment to lift more
- Greater Flexibility: Reduced bend fatigue and potential for smaller design envelope
- Longer Life: Better fatigue resistance and no corrosion leads to longer cable life
- No Bird Caging: Bird caging is a factor in early retirement of wire rope
- Lower Maintenance: No grease required
- Faster Installation and Removal: Easier than wire rope saving time and money
- Improved Safety and Reduced Risk: Easy to handle and lighter weight – reduce work place injuries – back and hand injuries are common as a result of handling wire rope